Performancing Metrics

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Playing the Waiting Game

I am starting to get a little impatient and anxious about my job in Korea. According to the contract I signed, I am to start teaching March 1st, which is approximately 17 days away.

In that time I need to get my VISA (approximately a 5 day wait once I get all my documents to the consulate), and then get my flight booke (and who knows how far in advance that needs to be booked, but I imagine it's at least a few days). The problem is that right now, there is not much I can do on my own. I'm just waiting for a response from Korea for a number I need to put on an application form and for my transcripts to come from Victoria (they were apparenly supposed to come yesterday).

At this point I don't think I'll actually get to Korea when they want me there (9 days from now) and I'd be surprised if I actually got there in time for me to start working when my contract starts.

This has been a very difficult time because I'm living in limbo. It's hard to stay motivated and do the other things I need to do when I'm in the dark from the most important details.

So I sit and pass my time reading other people's blogs about the good and bad times. It's really cold and snowy here in Ontario (see picture below) and thus I am not feeling all that up to going outside.

No comments: