Performancing Metrics

Sunday, January 27, 2008

I Got A Job!

So I think the title speaks for itself. Actually, this isn't really news per se. If you've talked to me recently you would know all about my plans. So what are they you ask (as most people probably don't talk to me)?

Well, I the school that I will be working at is called Alphabet Street (I googled it and found a lot of Prince lyrics) and it is located in a rather nice area of Seoul (or so I'm told). Alex and I will be both be at the same school (a plus) and we'll get to share a two bedroom apartment (another plus, though I'm not sure yet if their definition or a two-bedroom apartment is the same as mine - only time will tell).

Some other hilights I can share with you (that I know right now):

- The apartment is aparently (I'm using this word a lot) within a 10 minute walk of the school (not too shabby cause I can probably do it in 7 or 8 if they say 10).

- We start March 1st, though rumour has it the school wants us there on the 22nd of February (more on that later) to get settled and such.

- We get two (separate) weeks of vacation and one is in August so there is still hope to get to the Olympics.

- About half the day is devoted to teaching a small (about 10) group of kindergarten students and the rest of the day will be elementary students.

That's about all I think you might find important. Since I last wrote Alex and I have been frantically trying to get all of our documents together so we can get our visas. I think my next post will be about that fun and exciting process (on the plus side, I can now say I don't have HIV or Hepatitis C).

No comments: